Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Can't take my eyes off of you! Well my Mind's eye...

Singing: "Can't take my eyes off of you... [Verse 1] You're just too good to be true Can't take my eyes off of you You'd be like Heaven to touch I wanna hold you so much At long last love has arrived And I thank God I'm alive You're just too good to be true Can't take my eyes off you [Verse 2] Pardon the way that I stare There's nothing else to compare The sight of you leaves me weak There are no words left to speak But if you feel like I feel Please let me know that it's real You're just too good to be true Can't take my eyes off you [Chorus] I love you, baby, and if it's quite alright I need you, baby, to warm the lonely night I love you, baby, trust in me when I say: Oh, pretty baby, don't bring me down, I pray can't take my eyes off you,cant take my eyes off you, cant take my eyes off you frankie valli and lauryn hill, can take my eyes off you,cant talk my eyes off you cant take my eyes off you frankie valli and lauryn hill lyrics, i love you baby and if it's quite alright i need you baby, i can't take my eyes off you,can't take my eyes off you lyrics, Oh, pretty baby, now that I found you, stay And let me love you, baby, let me love you [Verse 3] You're just too good to be true Can't take my eyes off you You'd be like Heaven to touch I wanna hold you so much At long last love has arrived And I thank God I'm alive You're just too good to be true Can't take my eyes off you [Chorus] I love you, baby, and if it's quite alright I need you, baby, to warm the lonely night I love you, baby, trust in me when I say: Oh, pretty baby, don't bring me down, I pray Oh, pretty baby, now that I found you, stay And let me love you, baby, let me love you [Chorus] I love you, baby, and if it's quite alright I need you, baby, to warm the lonely night I love you, baby, trust in me when I say: Oh, pretty baby, don't bring me down, I pray Oh, pretty baby, now that I found you, stay And let me love you, baby, let me love you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWrhh8iMvhE This post is for my Love JT 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 The Way of Love 13 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 And if I have aprophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, bso as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 cIf I give away all I have, and dif I deliver up my body to be burned,1 but have not love, I gain nothing. 4 eLove is patient and fkind; love gdoes not envy or boast; it his not arrogant 5 or rude. It idoes not insist on its own way; it jis not irritable or resentful;2 6 it kdoes not rejoice at wrongdoing, but lrejoices with the truth. 7 mLove bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, eendures all things. 8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For nwe know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but owhen the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12 For pnow we see in a mirror dimly, but qthen face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as rI have been fully known. 13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love. How Do I Love Thee? (Sonnet 43) Elizabeth Barrett Browning 1806 – 1861 How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight For the ends of being and ideal grace. I love thee to the level of every day’s Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light. I love thee freely, as men strive for right. I love thee purely, as they turn from praise. I love thee with the passion put to use In my old griefs, and with my childhood’s faith. I love thee with a love I seemed to lose With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath, Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose, I shall but love thee better after death. and then there is the love letter #Poem that I wrote for you and gave you a while back. I was going to put it in here but couldn't find it where I have saved it so it is probably on one of the saved CD's that I have made to reduce the many files on this computer. I will have to go and find it later. #anothertodolistitemanotherday There are so many ways I can challenge that Biblical 1 Corinthians chapter 13 but I will agree that that may be what love should be but as he went to correct those people and bring them back unto the fold then his guidance is what they needed and he painted a lovely picture. The first and biggest thing that I find fault in but again that was him and not me. Speaking for me I have grown up but in many ways I have not put away childest things. I refuse to gwow up with my Peter Pan Syndrome. I do not want to grow up and lose the magic that is the beauty of a child. I choose to look at the world through my rose colored glasses. Not to misunderstand and think that I do not see the world as it is with all the ugliness and unkindness that it possesses but I see what it could be especially if you look for the beauty in others. "I beg your pardon, I never promised you a rose garden..." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEIUt_huTwc I beg your pardon I never promised you a rose garden Along with the sunshine There's gotta be a little rain sometime When you take you gotta give so live and let live or let go Oh-whoa-whoa-whoa I beg your pardon I never promised you a rose garden I could promise you things like big diamond rings But you don't find roses growin' on stalks of clover So you better think it over Well, if sweet-talkin' you could make it come true I would give you the world right now on a silver platter But what would it matter So smile for a while and let's be jolly Love shouldn't be so melancholy Come along and share the good times while we can I beg your pardon I never promised you a rose garden Along with the sunshine There's gotta be a little rain some time I beg your pardon I never promised you a rose garden I could sing you a tune and promise you the moon But if that's what it takes to hold you I'd just as soon let you go But there's one thing I want you to know You better look before you leap, still waters run deep And there won't always be someone there to pull you out And you know what I'm talking about So smile for a while and let's be jolly Love shouldn't be so melancholy Come along and share the good times while we can I beg your pardon I never promised you a rose garden Along with the sunshine There's gotta be a little rain sometime I beg your pardon I never promised you a rose garden I can't promise you a rose garden and that is exactly why I won't say yes every time you ask me to marry you. I am just a foolish old fart or hopeless romantic. Please let me correct that I am a romantic, hopeless does not even fit into the picture. I love to love you baby... needless to say there goes my spacey brain again with another love song from my past hahahaha that's it I just love love songs. I love making love to you and I will take it anytime I can get it. I am not jealous nor profess to say that I own you. Slavery is totally not something I belive in although being your love slave might be sorta fun and kinky... I am ADHD and find it hard to focus at times and stay to the point but then: What the hell! writing a journal is not for the straight forward approach but can be just to jot down your thoughts at the time of writing. We talked this morning and I told you that I used to write them on blogspot. You wanted the address and that I will send to you after I finish for today. Like I said I had gotten away from posting and had been keeping a journal where I responded to the Sayings of Buddha. That one is in the library. I got the journal as a gift back when I turned 60 in 2014 but didn't finish it till 2022. Hahaha I didn't do it daily which reminds me...I didn't take my meds after breakfast so I just took them. Oh Well! If I die today I will die a happy man since I got laid today! Oh No TMI! [ELPHABA] I'm limited Just look at me I'm limited And just look at you You can do all I couldn't do, Glinda So now it's up to you For both of us Now it's up to you [GLINDA] I've heard it said That people come into our lives For a reason Bringing something we must learn And we are led To those who help us most to grow If we let them And we help them in return Well, I don't know if I believe that's true But I know I'm who I am today Because I knew you Like a comet pulled from orbit As it passes a sun Like a stream that meets a boulder Halfway through the wood Who can say if I've been changed for the better? But because I knew you I have been changed for good [ELPHABA] It well may be That we will never meet again In this lifetime So let me say before we part So much of me Is made of what I learned from you You'll be with me Like a handprint on my heart And now whatever way our stories end I know you have re-written mine By being my friend Like a ship blown from its mooring By a wind off the sea Like a seed dropped by a skybird In a distant wood Who can say if I've been changed for the better? But because I knew you [GLINDA] Because I knew you [BOTH] I have been changed for good [ELPHABA] And just to clear the air I ask forgiveness For the things I've done You blame me for [GLINDA] But then, I guess We know there's blame to share [BOTH] And none of it seems to matter anymore [GLINDA & ELPHABA] Like a comet pulled from orbit Like a ship blown from its mooring As it passes a sun By a wind off the sea Like a stream that meets a boulder Like a seed dropped by a bird Halfway through the wood In the wood [BOTH] Who can say If I've been changed for the better? I do believe I have been changed for the better [GLINDA] And because I knew you [ELPHABA] Because I knew you [BOTH] Because I knew you I have been changed For good Thanks Babe, for the changes you have made in my life. More changes to come, For Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment