Saturday, June 17, 2017

Thanks be to God the Father!

Thanks be to God the Father! Thank you for the Gift of Life that you have given me along with the many blessings which it includes: All of the wonderful sisters, brother and family, people that I have met along this journey, that have inspired me, stretched me to the limits, challenged me, loved me and encouraged me. All of them have helped me to realize how meaningful and beautiful my life truly is. Bless them Lord! “Angels we have heard on high singing: Praise to the Father, to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, For unto you this day a Child is Born!” Thank you Lord God Almighty for this blessing that you have given me because of your love for me and the grace that I have been given to know and feel this wonderful gift. You allowed me to know first hand the beauty of my beautiful children. Like you, as a Father, you watched your Son grow up and go through all the ups and downs of life. I got to watch Danielle grow to a beautiful woman with all the ups and downs that life has thrown her. At the wedding of Cana it was a beautiful feeling to see your Son, Jesus Christ, change the water into wine. For the wedding in Corpus Christi I got to see the beauty of how you filled a part of her heart with the Love of her life, Jim. I could see the joy she felt until she reminded me of the beauty of Butterfly Kisses that we shared and then she started my eyes to whine. I have not lost her but share in her happiness and like you we both watch and continue to see them grow and prosper. Like you who lost your Son and it so angered you that the skies went dark and the Earth shook. I felt the anger and pain in losing my child, Lindlee, the night was dark and my world shook but as your Son prayed Father forgive them. I felt no anger with others but in my self that I had no control over what happened as your hands were tied, so were mine. Thy will be done! This was a lesson that I had to learn and pray to accept the gift that I had for a time and then allow her to return to your side in Heaven. You now know that beauty that I will share one day. The gift of the Holy Spirit allows me to feel that comfort: to accept those things I cannot change and to change those that I can. Thank you for making me in your image as Lord of Heaven and Earth, Creator: You have given me your eyes that I might see the beauty in all things great and small. You have given me your hands that I might create beautiful things and things that might not be so beautiful or maybe just in my eyes, for beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. You have given me your voice that I might sing the praises of your name and all the Glories of the Heavens and Earth and I pray they are not as the clanging of gongs for though you have given me languages of men and that understanding lets me speak with the Love of God that they may hear. Even with all the knowledge and wisdom you have blessed me with; let my faith be in thee or I have nothing. So Lord for this Father’s Day I ask for nothing, for you have given me everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment