Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring Fever




I am enjoying the nice Spring weather and the Spring Fever that goes with it. I have been working in the yard for a couple of days now. Well I worked in it Sunday by mowing the lawn and tilling the garden spot. I planted some seeds in the rearrangement of the garden spot. I didn't work yesterday since it was windy. I should have gone out and flown a kite. I did get out and buy some solar light for the walkway. I forgot to check them out last night.

I got out there and sewed some grass seeds along with some weed and feed to see if I can get the grass to grow in my yard. We will see. The birds that I have finally been able to attract will probably eat all the grass seeds too.

I know the fever has hit because I got out there and tilled up the other side of the house and will add some better soil when I get to run to Walmart. I am waiting for the AC man. I woke up to a cool house and turned on my thermostat to no avail. It was not working. I added some new batteries and it seems to work but no heat came on so I called the ones that came out in 2009 and owed me two trips. They are giving me a $30 discount since they did not come out in 2010 and I never called them. Hope they don't find something major. My luck they will. The unit is only 3 years old and they already changed a part the last time they came out. It was working then but now, who knows. It is 2 now and they are to come between 12 and 3 so I am waiting on the call and then I can go to Walmart.

While I was waiting I ordered some plants from a different Nursery. Two of the grapes and two several of the trees did not survive but I didn't save the original receipts so I just won't order from them again. I did order some fruit trees to replace the two that did not take root and a bunch of flower bulbs to put around the house in the tilled areas. We shall see.

The roses are full of leaves and I sprayed them today to kill the fungal rust that is on a couple of the plants and this will be the first full summer for the ones in the backyard.

The pictures show some of the changes I have gone through.

No comments:

Post a Comment