Monday, June 27, 2011

Working up a storm

Well this week really started last Friday went I went back to the old home town and visited the sisters and brother. The girls loaded me down with some freebees like toothpaste and mouthwash. I brought home a China cabinet that my brother wanted to give me.

Saturday I spent the day with the girls. We went to Buca di beppo which the girls loved but I'm not big on Italian so needless to say I was not impressed and the only way I would go back would be if I go with them. Maybe that will be when Jim, (Mija's new boyfriend) comes to town. After lunch we went to Sprinkles that is owned by one of the judges on Cupcake Wars. I judge her cupcakes to be unacceptable. Then we went to Home Goods to shop around, I knew the girls would love the place as much I do and they did. I was tempted to buy a gazebo that I saw there. Still I want to build my own with my own design.

Yesterday I cleaned up the cabinet and put the glass back in place. There was one piece missing and one broken and it was missing to handles. I went and picked up the handles. I loaded up the bottom of the cabinet and brought in a kitchen cart that my aunt had given me a long time ago. I took the kitchen table out that she had also given me. The ex wants the table and I told her she could have it so it is in the garage right now along with some other things I am holding for her. Waiting for her to make her move.

Today I went and bought the glass and it was more than I wanted to pay but what do you do. It looks good and took up a lot of cabinet space that I can rearrange tomorrow. I also put together two Adirondack chairs that I had ordered and picked up Saturday. I also stained them and left them to dry while I was rearranging the cabinet. I am pleased with the results. It gives me more room in the kitchen and has things less cluttered and more organized.




Owl light from Home Goods

No comments:

Post a Comment